A review on a post on Internet Security from My E-Commerce blog


After reading the post, "Favourite password used online" on my E-Commerce blog, http://ecommerze.blogspot.com/search/label/Internet%20Security,I had a brief idea on how to choose a better protection password.

First of all, let me summarize the post. It is about a survey on 28000 passwords from a popular website. According to the survey, 16% of the users choose to use their own name, spouse's name or child's as their password while 14% of them like to use the numbers that are easy and nice to remember such as "1234" or "12345678". There are also 4% of them prefer to use the words like " password" or "password1" as their password. Other than that, password usually used by the users are like "qwerty" or "iloveu".

This is not a surprise for me after I knew these series of passwords as these are common and everyone is still doing it now. As we all know, most of the people around us choose these combination as passwords because they are easy to type and remember. Thus, we will always keep ourselves easy to access to our data.

But, is that really a good thing for us? Although it is easy to remember, it gives an opportunity to the online hacker to hack into our account as well as manipulate our information. In addition, if your password is made up of your name, date of birth or IC number, people who close to you or know you well will easily hack into your account and access your account.

Is there any solution from being hacked easily?? Yes, there is. One of the solution posted in My E-Commerce blog is to choose a password that is longer than 8 characters with one capital letter and one symbol. It is perfectly good solution. Then the hacker has trouble to figure out the password.

Unfortunately,
there is another bad side. A long password with capital letter and symbols, you will easily forgot the password. Let have an example, if a person who have different password for different website access and the password is long, do you think that he can remember all the password? For sure, it is hard to remember all the password and have difficulty in accessing the account. In spite, he may need to write down all the passwords.


For me, I feel that the password that we choose should not have any important meaning or related to you. In such case, no one will know your password even the people who close to you. Then, they can't hack into your account.

In short, a password is a secret word or a string of characters used for authentication so it is very sensitive. Everyone is remind to set a password wisely and keep it as a secret. This is all depends on the users how they use and keep the passwords.

6 comments:

pet said...

haha..yaya, tell u o,i m the one who use my date of birth to do password..coz it is easy to remember..but now..i will change it and add some word..thanks your remind n sharing^^

pet said...

agree what u write...
for me, i depend on the password that is easy to remember by me but not as easy as 1234,ic number or name...
i will choose something number or word that is special n is easy for me to remember.
anyway thanks for sharing...
(bou bou here..)

~i am tomato~ said...

haha...thanks for ur comments..
since u all use those kind of passwords, then i think u all should be aware of it.
so better choose a safer password.
and even ur best friends u also can't let her or him know about any of ur password. as in future he or she may guess the range of password u may use..

yummysoup said...

My MSN being hacked before. I was so sad and do not have the mood to open another new account at that time. That hacker use my MSN and pretended as me and chit chat with my friends. I do not know what intention that the hacker want to do with my MSN account. As you know, once a hacker know my MSN password then for sure will know my hotmail account. It is related. The password i set was related to my birth date. So i think is my close friends hacked into my account.

lulu said...

my MSN oso being hacked b4. then make me trouble. i need open another new account n add all my friends to the chat list again..very sad bout tat. is tat bcos of my poor password??

~i am tomato~ said...

thanks for ur reply lulu. for ur situation, that is hard to comment. but if ur password is within the range that i mentioned in above, then most probably is due to the password problem. so for ur safety purpose, my suggestion is change i safer password which do not related to u.

Post a Comment